#1 Od: David Sevcik, December 24th, 2015 05:15
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a senior Ruby developer to join our growing team in London. Above all, we are looking for someone who is passionate about technology, a good problem solver and team player and loves writing code to help us solve complex problems.
A little bit about us…
- We are a high growth start-up in the Ratings & Reviews space with a nice office in Southwark, London.
- We provide market-leading services to 200+ brands across 60+ countries in 30+ languages.
- We are passionate and protective of our brand values of trust and impartiality.
- We are focused on helping shoppers make the best choice whilst boosting sales for our clients.
- For more info check www.reevoo.com and reevoo.github.io
Getting to know the Reevoo engineering team…
- We care a lot about producing good quality code that solves the most important problems.
- We use an agile development process along with test-driven development and continuous deployment and have invested heavily in tools to make this work seamlessly.
- We support an architecture that handles 30m unique hits a day and growing.
- We believe that knowledge gained is best shared and encourage pairing. To make this work we have the best possible pairing stations and desk arrangements.
- We keep an open mind with everything and hold regular retrospectives to take the team pulse and actively pursue making things better.
What will you do?
- Participate in the design, development and maintenance of Reevoo’s flagship Ratings and Reviews platform and APIs.
- Evolve and maintain existing product functionality to improve usability, flexibility and performance.
- Work closely with teams around the business such as sales, client services, professional services etc. to deliver customer requirements.
- Provide thought & architecture leadership in the evolution of the next generation of products for the Reevoo platform.
- Mentor and coach the team.
- Help us refine and improve our processes.
What skills are we looking for?
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Comfortable working with SQL databases, particularly MySQL.
- A passion for technology, a love of writing code and a desire to make elegant solutions work.
- A desire to teach / mentor / communicate.
- Comfortable working in an agile team using pairing and test driven development.
- Degree level education or equivalent experience.
What skills are a bonus?
- Search technologies (particularly Elasticsearch).
- RabbitMQ or other broker frameworks.
- Experience with data analysis, ETL, and data mining.
Remote work arrangement
We expect remote developers to work from the London office for a week each month. Travel and accommodation costs are covered by Reevoo.