Lead Rails Developer – Berlin - Visasponsoring
About the Job
Our client is seeking a developer to lead on maintaining and improving of our platform for connecting charities and game developers.
Reporting to the CTO the lead developer will be responsible for the continued development of the platform (based on Ruby on Rails, hosted on AWS) and will be an integral part of the technical team with responsibility for production servers, deployment, development (including working with contract & outsource developers), and passing on your knowledge & experience to more junior members of the team.
The following skills and experience are considered important for this role:
- Proven experience building software with Ruby using OO methodology
- Proven experience building applications using Ruby on Rails (v3 & 4)
- Experience of test-driven development using RSpec & Selenium
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL query building (ActiveRecord issues) &
- Experience with the AWS stack including EC2, RDS, Elastic IP, Route53, S3, SQS, and CloudWatch.
- Experience designing & maintaining API’s
- Experience supporting 3rd party developers & API consumers
- Experience working in a flexible, distributed, team
- Experience with Linux environment setup, configuration, and deployment on the AWS
- Able to work independently but co-ordinate with the team and offer leadership to other developers
- Experience of the games industry, understanding of Facebook & mobile gaming and in-app purchase systems including iTunes store, Google Play store, AppFigures
- Familiarity with different payment systems, currency issues, & transaction based systems
- Familiarity with Puppet, Docker, LogStash
- Familiarity with PHP, Wordpress themes, and Tumblr
Our client accepts international applications and offers Visasponsoring.
Interested candidates should send their CV to email@example.com